Sunday, December 6, 2015

Hand Results



Hand 1:
Stacks: Hero $19.04  Villain $9.07
2 limpers I raise to 70 cents
Flop TT4 Rainbow  Pot $1.67 I fire C-bet of $1.31 Villain calls
Turn 7 two hearts now on board.  Pot $4.16 I bet $2.18 Villain Calls
River 9h  Board now TT479 3 hearts.  I check Villain goes all in with his last $4.88 and I have $14.88 behind. 
Do you call because you're pot committed or do you, after realizing that every damn draw just hit that river, let this one go.  Thoughts?



Steven Northrup: Fold
Pokerdogg: Call

Flushdraw: I called.  I should have known better because during my time at this level I have seen that the size of their bet is directly related to the strength of their hand.  I can count on one hand besides myself, the players that seem to know the meaning of a value bet.  Villain surprised me.  He beat me,but not in the way I thought he would or feared he would........ Villain had AA



Hand #2


Called a small preflop raise with the suited connector.  Villain in this hand cold called the 35 cent raise on the button.  Nice flop but a bit wet so when the preflop raiser checks I bet the flop.  
On the turn:

What do you feel the correct move is.  What the hell are his possible holdings?  JJ?  67s and that turn just gave him a powerful combo draw??  Does he have an 8 and outkicks me, I called.  Was this an error??



Whether or not calling the turn was an error or not is there anyway we're good here??



Steven Northrup: Call
Pokerdogg: Call

Flushdraw: I called.  Villain, who had cold called the preflop raise turned over A8o.  After the hand I felt I had made an error.  Unless he is on a stone cold bluff is there anyway I can be winning here unless he was trapping with a hidden AA,KK,or QQ.




Hand3:

UTG min raised to 20 cents.  EP2 calls.  I 3bet to 95 cents.  Small blind goes all-in for half my stack and original raiser calls for $3 and change and back to me.  What's the move?  I feel with both of them going all-in even with their shorter stacks I am either dominated or flipping here against at least 1 of them.  Call or fold?







Steven Northrup: Hand 3 is a push all-in spot. Remember QQ VS AK is not a coin flip you are ahead.

Pokerdogg: snap call. You can't ever fold QQ against 50 and 30 BB stacks at 10nl.

Flushdraw:  I folded.  I felt that one of them had at least AK at the very worst and that more than likely I was dominated here.  I felt this because my raise was a 3bet and the Villain with 50bbs was 4 betting all-in.  If it was a 3 bet all-in I could have found a call,but the fact that it was a 4 bet and the face that the Villain with 30bbs was also willing to risk his stack against a 4 bet preflop told me I was dead in the water.  I folded.  The 50bbs Villain had AA and as it turned out the 30bbs Villain had QQ.  With what my thought process in this hand was am I still wrong.  I completely understand that although my read on this hand turned out to be correct that even so I could have still made an error in my lack of action.  Is that the case here oris the fact that I felt in every fiber of my being that one of them had me dominated enough to justify my fold.  I never want to be one of those players that says "I knew I was beat,but I had to call anyway"



Hand4:

I raise UTG to 50 cents, 1 caller.  On the 2nd barrel this happens





Grrrrr.  Ok so I have no notes on him.  Is he doing this with top pair top kicker which I have seen happen many times at this level.  I'm realizing the most likely holding is a flopped set or 2 pair specifically JT.  If it is a set I'm a dead man.  If it is 2pair I'm looking at 8 outs going to the river and there is still the possibility this fool is getting very aggro with top pair top kicker.  What's your play??


Steven Northrup: Call
Pokerdogg:  fold. turn shove for pretty big raise, you are most likely beat

Flushdraw: I tanked a bit,but called.  Sure enough Villain had JJ for a flopped set,but it didn't end there.  The river was an Ace.  My higher set beat him,but looking back I feel my call was an error


Thanks for the input guys.It is very very appreciated.

I'll see you at the tables.

2 comments:

  1. FD, can you explain what you meant in hand 1's result about the size of bet equates to hand strength? The final bet was only 1/2 pot, even though it was for >$4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are assuming that they consider what percentage of the pot their bet actually is. I do but with a great many of my opponents I do not believe that is in their thought process. In this case it was that the amount of the bet was over $4. I have noticed that when they think they won but still are a bit unsure of themselves there bet will be a $1.50 maybe $1.80 on the river. When they go $3 or more and the pot size does not even come into consideration for them as I have seen this time and time again but when the amount that they are pushing is over $3 or they are going all in nine times out of ten they know they've got it.

    ReplyDelete