Monday, December 14, 2015

Realizing More Changes

I'm learning even more about my poker game and what I mean by that is thought processes going through my head during the session.  Yesterday I called it the light going on syndrome and I don't know how or why it happens all of the sudden, all I know is that they are with me and I'm not about to let them escape.  In my last entry I told you how I was paying so close attention to what was going on around me and @chipxtractor in one of his vlog entries talked about just that so I could have had that in the back of my mind.  Today I noticed more things I thought that we're not only going through my mind, but also what was not going through it.  Again like a light switch going on.

The session only went 995 hands.  I started yawning profusely at around 9:30 p.m.  I was going to have trouble getting the 1500 hands in  today anyway as I took an extra long break around dinner time.  Today's session was a lot of folding, very little action except for two hands which I got it all in, once on a flopped set and I don't remember what the other hand was. I got less than 6 hours sleep previous to last night's session so that's why I probably started yawning so early.  The very first hand of the sessions I was down over half a buyin and that increased to about $16 down early on and I realized my entire attitude was it's a long session a lot of things can happen, a lot of things will happen. It was then that I realized that previously the main thing going through my mind was I need to find a double up so I can get out of this early hole. In a lot of ways I may have been pushing lines that weren't even actually there.  Not yesterday though.  I sat back and waited dor whatever would eventually come my way. 

I was down 1.5 buyins with the first 200 hands or so.  At 475 hands I was down ($9) but nothing major happening.  Continuation bets that didn't get called, betting in position when everyone checks, you know playing poker.  A couple of hundred hands later I was down ($7) and then just a couple of hundred hands after that I was up $16 that's when the two all in situations occurred.   After 995 hands the profit was just over $18.  Not once as a played was I thinking I need a double up to get back in the green, not once was I pushing an edge that wasn't there, not once did my mind say "Oh I refuse to believe you even though the betting pattern has told me a story and even though I really feel that I'm beat I'm calling anyway.  That pretty much sums up what I was doing previously.  I feel like such an idiot having to admit that, but if I'm honest with my readers and more importantly myself, that's exactly what was happening to me just a few days ago. 

Tony Bigcharles aka TBC asked in a comment where I was going to end up living next, well, actually in his own way he asked me what new babe I was going to end up with next lol.   Tony, I'm not even looking just yet except to get pricing ideas.  With the amount I get from disability i need to max it out at $500 a month all utilities including wifi included. In this town that is fairly easy to do whether I rent my own studio or small one bedroom, or if I rent a room in a house and have roommates.  With that last option I can find it for an average of $400 a month.  As for a gal I'm hangin with I'm kickin it back.  Not exclusive with anyone.  Just chillin.

That's where this entry ends. Its just after 10 a.m. and I might fall back to sleep before my session starts at 3 p.m.  I would like to get in 1500 hands a day but there are going to be days like yesterday where I get in less than 1000 and if I'm feeling good and on my "A" game there may be days I get in 2000 hands.  I will try to average 1500, but how tired I feel and whether I feel like I am playing optimal is going to dictate that and nothing else.  Have an absolutely great day everyone and I'll see you at the tables.

12 comments:

  1. "Marathon mentality" - very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this means I actually have a chance with you???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBC threw a stapler at his computer and set it on fire b4 calling it a whore

      Delete
  3. LOL Alysia. But of course. Didn't you know I was just waitin just for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony's head is going to explode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive been taught, (and follow) the belief my whole life that its immoral to not be exclusive with one women. in the old days, before women turned away from God and morality, (by being ok with weed and gay mrraige and casual sex) it wouldve made me one of the better candidates, and able to find a woman. the worlds ways nowdays are so alien to me its no wonder i live life differently. i cannot relate to anyone i try to befriend except Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice addition with the bar showing day by day bro, what about adding another stat showing your br pace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mission accomplished!!! LOL, I'm not really Flushhdraw's type.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tony,not everybody in this world is into simple casual sex whether they be male or female. You may not believe this because of my, shall we say, somewhat colorful and albeit numerous aspects of my social life, but the fact of the matter is I for one will not be intimate with a woman that I'm not in love with. I had a one night stand with a friend when I was about 28 and every other woman I've ever slept with I have been involved with her and we were in what was predicted to be a very long term relationship. I've had offers, I've had woman who wanted to have sex but I have turned them down because I was not involved with them and I was not in love with them and if I don't have both of those things going there will be no sexual anything of any kind. you come off a touch high and mighty about all of this, but just because someone like myself has had extensive and numerous experience in this area does not mean they don't carry their own personal moral values.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Claude, I added a progress bar to the right side of the blig. Is this the type of thing that you meant?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well now Alysia I guess when it comes to "my type" there's not one answer that fits all. For me to be involved with somebody they have to have certain givens. They need to have a love of life like I do, they need to have a great sense of humor, they need to believe in the concept of a soulmate, they definitely need to accept the fact that I am a poker player, and they need to be at least partly a romantic. I don't expect them to be an incurable romantic like I am where the stars, full moons, and sunsets has such a meaning to me, but let me put it this way. The woman that'll actually dance in the rain to a slow love song like Earth Angel, she's the one I would marry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, I am not really Flushhdraw's type...

      Delete