Saturday, December 5, 2015

Reserve Cancelled

Well, it may be a mistake, but that $92 that I had in reserve for the bankroll I decided to unreserve it and put it in the spending pocket lol.  My roommates did not need a loan or anything, but I just decided, you know what, it's nice to have a few dollars in my pocket and although if I hit a bad downswing I may regret the decision the fact is I am going to take that $92 that I had in reserve for the bankroll and use it for whatever the hell I want during this month. 

I was late starting today's session to the tune of 4 hours late thanks to my nutty roommate, Misty.  It all seemed innocent enough, she asked me to go with her as she dropped Jan off at work and then took Ray to a couple of places.  No big deal I thought as I had decided against 10 a.m. start and was going to start at 12 p.m. but I had no idea I would be going all over creation and I wouldn't get back until after 3 p.m.  Then I had to call the Social Security office who puts me put me on hold for 32 minutes without ever picking up the phone before I ended that call and got on the tables around 4ish.

The session fluctuated with not much going one way or the other at least at first.  Poker is a crazy game and tonight's session just proves that to the extreme.  I was up about $15 or 1.5 buyins and then all of a sudden I started taking some unfortunate hits.  Flopped a set and got 2 outted on the river by a bigger set, hit my flush on the river but that flush card gave my opponent a full house.  Next thing you know I'm down to 2.9 buyins or $29.  Won just a few dollars of that back and was down about $25 when the most insane hand happened.

I did not think it was possible to have a pot size in excess of $100 in a $10NL game.  I would have bet money it could not happen or I should say would not happen, but tonight it did happen.  Two players who I have assigned the little insignia of a donkey were part of this hand.  I ended up winning that pot or at least most of it as one of the players had me covered in chips. On the turn four of us were all in and I had AJ and had turned the nut straight.  One of them had a lower straight than me, the other one had a pair and straight draw who could have chopped it with me if an ace hit  the river and the third one had 38hh and there were two hearts on that board.  After a river sweat I ended up coming out on top and a $72 pot was pushed my way.  In the space of one hand I went from down about $25 for the session and just hoping I could recoup some of that and maybe even a break even session to a session that turned out to be a 3 buyin profit.  No Limit cash games are absolutely insane and this is playing for nickels and dimes.  I can only imagine what goes on at the live $1/$2 and $1/$3 live tables and I can't wait to find out. 

So $40 in earnings in two days and just under 3000 hands and $10 in bonus cleared.  The earnings give me an earn rate in the first 3000  hands of over 13bb/100, but that pot was so its insidiously large for the stakes played that I can't even get a small estimation in so few hands and a $72 pot in the mix.  I think in order to get a take on what my true earn rate at this level will be I'm going to have to see what it is after a bare minimum of fifty thousand hands.  Tomorrow I am looking to get started not at 10 and not at 12 but at 11 a.m. until 11 p.m.  Misty has to take two people here to work and and she had asked me if I was going with her for the ride and told her absolutely not I was going to be all the tables by 11 a.m.  Unless it's an emergency with very few exceptions I am not allowing any further unnecessary distractions get in the way.  I need to be doing 2000 hands a day.  Over the first two days I am averaging just under 1500 and that is close, but not acceptable.  However today I got the nearly 1700 hands played in only about 7 hours including breaks so I'm very hopeful that I can completely bypass 2000 if I could actually get in an 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. session with some breaks taken during the day.  The 1700 hands tonight was worth 28 points and so I'm just going to figure on 100 points earned every 3 days.   Under those circumstances I should be able to clear $80 to $90 of the $100 in available bonus money in the month of December before it expires.  It's after 3 a.m. and I'm going to grab some sleep and get at least 6 hours in before I hit the tables again tomorrow morning or should I say later on this morning. Take care of everybody and I'll see you at the tables.

4 comments:

  1. how was the pot $72 and "over $100 both"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a side pot of $29. Two of the all ins had me covered. I won the main pot of $72.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With this much volume my opinion is you would be much better off financially at Americas Cardroom or Black Chip Poker where not only do you get 27% rake back, but huge rewards in the weekly Beast Promotion which offers cash and a nice tournament entry for everyday grinders. At these sites your bankroll grows even if you are a small gross loser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to talk about those hand histories from the previous post.

    ReplyDelete