Friday, January 15, 2016

On Fire At The Cash Tables

Hide the fire extinguishers, keep them as far away from me as possible, because I am absolutely ablaze at the cash tables.  In the last two days I have seen the highest monetary earnings thus far since I made the transition to cash games.  $146 in earnings in the last 2221 hands.  If we look back since I broke a downswing and it broke on January 5th, since then and including the 5th, I had one losing day, one break even day, I took 2 days off, and played a total of 8 days and in that time, the last 8 sessions I show earnings of $213 covering 13331 hands in a mix of $10NL and $20NL, $164 of those earnings coming at $10NL and $49 coming from $20NL. 

Tournaments on the other hand are starting out extremely slow and cold as I'm either running into bad beats or I'm running into unfortunate situations where I have a really good hand, but unfortunately my opponent has a better one such as the case of me having a straight on a paired board but lo and behold my opponent has the full house.  I've only seen one minimum cash for $16.99 when I finishrd 10th in one of the tournaments that paid out 10 spots so I just barely made it by the skin of my teeth.  However, tournaments on WSOP pay in the 10% range unlike most sites that pay off 15% so in this case I expect my ITM percentage to be lower, but hopefully over the long run, my ROI percentage should be higher.

Tomorrow will be the last day of poker until Monday.  I'm going to be over Melanie's house this weekend so that we can hopefully finish up the project that we were working on last weekend.  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I will be grinding online as usual and I will be taking Thursday off from the online grind as that's the night I am going to play a cash session with just a single buyim over at the Linq.  I will be playing on a 1/3 stake and will be sitting in with $200 of my own money and my staker, who shall remain nameless, but is not the gentleman who emailed me, will be providing the other $100 and we will split the profits, if any, on a 67%/33% basis.  I feel that sitting 300 big blinds deep hopefully I will be able to at least have some maneuverability.  I am excited and admittedly nervous about playing in my first live no limit cash game, but I am also hugely looking forward to it and it also brings up the question of what happens should I find myself extraodinarily successful on Thursday night.  What would be the options??  What should i do, and what will I do??

Supposing I ended up winning $600 in profit during that game and let us say after my staker was given his $200 share of those profits that would leave me $400 plus my original $200 that I put into it.  If something like that happened what would be the best course of action.  There are a few possibilities the first of which that the original $200 would be returned to the online bankroll, not necessarily deposited online immediately, but held in reserve for the next to reload opportunity.  I could then take the $400 and try playing another session at the Linq to hopefully continue with the earnings, I could utilize that extra $400 for the online bankroll which would put me up over $1,000 and close to being able to add some $50NL tables.  I could use my share of the profits to set up a completely separate tournament bankroll so that I keep my cash and tournament bankrolls completely seperate from one another.  I could take some of the money and play live tournaments to see if we couldn't increase this bankroll on a lump sum fashion.  Maybe a couple of $125s, maybe some $75 tournaments at Treasure Island, or perhaps the $100 tournament over at Caesars.  I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but it is kind of fun to think about the possibilities. 

Well that's going to be a wrap up for today.  I got a late start today and I'm going to be getting a late start tomorrow, but I have no choice.  I've got to do laundry tomorrow, so like today, I probably won't be on the tables until after 2 p.m. possibly as late as 4 p.m.  Take care everyone.   Let's just hope this hot run continues and I wish any of my readers a hot run in their own right as long as you're not at the same table as me lol, and as always, I'll see you at the tables.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your results lately.

    Tournaments on the other hand are starting out extremely slow and cold

    That's just the nature of tournaments, as I know you know.

    ReplyDelete