Tuesday, January 19, 2016

One Tournament A Day

The initial $200 withdraw that I made in order to play in the live cash game on Thursday I have added an additional $100 withdrawal to that. a cousin that I have not seen and probably 25 years is in town and we will be meeting up to catch up a little bit maybe have drinks or something someplace and so I needed the extra money for that. It should be said that bankroll will be paid back this $300 out of my extra money left over, but I may not be able to pay the whole thing back in February as I might only be able to pay back 200 to $250 out of it. However, since I anticipate earning $100 from the January promotion I'm not too concerned about it.

Did a little trial run with the $20 tournaments today playing in three of them, not cashing in any, and while $60 in tournament fees may seem a little excessive for my available bankroll which started today at $365, I played a specific three trying to get the feel of them to see what I liked about them, what I didn't, and to narrow down what I want to play on a daily basis.  When it's all said and done the only tournament that I am going to be playing on a daily basis is the 4:45 p.m. $700 GTD Deepstack.  Although I lost $60 in tournaments today the day was still profitable as I was once again rolling over the tables at $10NL to the tune of earnings just under 6 buyins and with the $3 and CPs in today ended with an available bankroll of $337, with another $300 owed for a grand total, yes I know I don't have the grand total at this moment in time, but it's still a grand total of $677. 
The $20 tournaments are definitely a different world.  This is to be expected compared to a rebuy of course, but I'm talking about the smaller buyin non rebuy tournaments.  Pretty much in the lower buyins if somebody to limps and you raise in position, even eight times the big blind in the smaller buyin tournaments folding is not an option for those players.  The same is not said for the $20 tournaments.  I found that out during the ones that I played.  Whereas in the smaller buyin tournament you raise in position you're still going to have 4 or 5 callers, but in the higher buyin, a lot of times you're going to pick up the dead money already out there or at most have one caller.  Now I'm not saying that I am doing this with garbage as whether cash games or tournaments I have certain standards of starting hands before I will pull certain maneuvers, but suffice it to say that there are certain hands that definitely play heads up much better than they do multiway and if you can utilize those hands in a positional raise you're going to pick up a certain amount of chips throughout the entire tournament which can only help you in the long run.  

It is without a doubt that I need the tournaments with the highest starting amount of chips as I really did not like the almost rushed feeling of the tournaments that only started with $2k.  I wanted to give them a try and I did, but this is why I know that the deep stack with the $4k starting stack is definitely the one for me each day.  Apparently there is also a special $25 Deepstack tournament held on Saturday only which I would like to take part in although I won't be able to do it this weekend as I will be going back to Melanie's house this weekend to finish up that project that we thought we would finish this weekend, but NFL football got in the way of our accomplishing any work lol.  Other than those two the only other ones I see are the the $50 buyin and the $200 buyin on Sundays and needless to say I need a damn sight more money in my online account then I currently have to even think of playing those.

Just a quick update for tonight.  I ended up taking an extra day off this past weekend and currently have 430 points to go to make it to platinum status.  Not sure if I'm going to be able to do it or not by the time the end of the month gets here, but I will definitely make the thousand points that I need for the $100 for the January promotion.  Still trying to figure out just what I want to play and can play as the tables seemed to fall apart early tonight, just after 1 a.m., so I'm thinking of trying a 2-12 grind and see how that goes.  Trying to iron down what specific hours I'm going to play is driving me up the wall because sometimes it almost seems as the conditions change from day to day, but I've never seen the tables collapse before midnight and a 10 hour grind I think is more than sufficient.  I should get the volume in as I'm only playing a single tournament each day and as long as my roomies leave me the hell alone and let me do what I need to do, then getting in 1500-2000 hands it at the cash tables per day should not be an issue.  Also decided that the $20NL tables I am simply adding them one at a time each time starting with 20 buyins and each time I have an additional five buyins for the level add one more table.  The only problem is sometimes you have nights like tonight where it made sense to stay on the $10 tables because all four of the $20NL tables the highest see the flop percentage they had was like 18% or 19%.  Hideously tight so for the most part I stayed on the $10 tables and made 6buyins in the process so all in all not a bad trade off.  Take care everyone's and I'll see you at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment