Saturday, February 20, 2016

Stubbornness, Recovery, And Friendship Realizations

I pulled a stunt on Thursday that I probably shouldn't have, but I'm glad I attempted it just so that I could see where my body was. On Thursday night, 3 days out of the hospital, I ended up downtown at the Plaza for a $10 rebuy tournament. I was fine while traveling and I was fine sitting at the poker table, but any walking that I did was extremely labored.  Only 3 days out of the hospital it's a stunt I probably shouldn't have tried but I was feeling better than I had been in a week and I wanted to see just what I was capable of.  Ended up calling it an early night and was back at the house by 8:30 so I was just out for a few hours when it was all said and done.  From that point I decided that I will be staying in the house, on bed rest, until the 3rd of March, that being payday for me, will be a night that I will be playing the 7 p.m. Mirage tournament.  

Since I've been back home I've noticed things that suffice it to say that the concern and assistance I've shown towards people's medical situations here at the house is not even close to being returned in my current condition.  It's somewhat hurtful from people who claim to be my "best friend" and that I'm part of the family, but their actions are almost cold hearted.  Those that I choose to attach the word friend to are very special to me indeed and when you observe an almost completely self serving, what can you do for me attitude, it's disheartening.  As roommates all is well, but my going above and beyond in certain situations has ended.  We will remain friendly, amicable, and respectful towards one another, and the roommate situation helps all in a financial aspect, but above and beyond that there is nothing further.  

Today is the first day that I foresee me being back on a full schedule for the online grind. I had played a little before I left on Thursday and in just a few hands turned a small profit so I'm hoping that it's a sign of good things headed my way for the remainder of this month. Any grandiose plans for profits I had have pretty much been annihilated and I will be certainly happy if I can just scrape together a break even month from this point.  I am off the caffeine pills and thus I have adjusted my schedule and will try simply grinding online from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. each day.  Getting to sleep at a reasonable time, thus keeping the blood pressure in check which the caffeine pills were skyrocketing, and doing what I can during those hours.  Perhaps I can get a prescription of uppers from my doctor at some point and other than that I'll just see what else can keep me from getting overtired.  For now the only caffeine intake I'm getting is from the Mountain Dew and it will have to do for now.  Take care everyone, have an absolute great weekend, and I'll see you at the tables.


4 comments:

  1. Perhaps I can get a prescription of uppers from my doctor at some point

    Not gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mojo it worked for Johnny Cash why not me lmao

    Zin uhhh not exactly. It's a work in progresss, but the amount of cigatettes I'm smoking has definitely been reduced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried vaping? Quit smoking like 4+ years ago with it.

      Delete