Wednesday, March 30, 2016

My Biggest Comeback Ever

I pretty much get accused of being overly capricious when it comes to my poker by some of my readers.  Doing a certain thing and then changing my mind and doing something else, but the way I look at it I am simply searching out what is going to be best for me and what I am going to find the most enjoyment from.   If I come up with an idea I try it out and then sometimes I will rethink it and realize that my decision was incorrect.  Is it better to be capricious or is it better to continue doing something  that was an incorrect decision to start with . If I have the choice I will continue to be accused of being capricious  and live with that happily. 

I was thinking of revamping my tournament schedule after falling asleep in the middle of the afternoon the other day and was considering getting a later start and dropping the 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. tournaments completely, but then I realized those two specific tournaments are the ones that I have had the three deepest runs in and as such they absolutely should not be tossed aside.  After taking a day to think about it I am also playing the 7:30 p.m. $3 rebuy even though it has an 85 minute rebuy time even though I originally said I was dropping it.  After not playing it for a couple of days I realized that an extra 30 minutes isn't really going to matter in the grand scheme of things and I really can't ignore the payout amounts that are offered in that tournament  so I have put the 7:30 p.m. $3 rebuy tournament back into my schedule.

I was out and about taking care of certain things on Monday and into Tuesday and one of those things was picking up another $50 withdrawal off my poker account.  I had no choice as I was completely out of food.  God I hate the end of the month, and I now owe my online poker account $150 and that will be replaced this coming Friday just a few days away.  When I got back to the house it was just before 4 p.m. so I immediately jumped into the 4 p.m. $3 Deepstack Rebuy and was knocked out of the tournament in the first five minutes.  As you know I when I'm knocked out that's it for me and I did not rebuy and I simply move on to the next tournament.  As I entered action today my total earnings since being back on wsop.com were in the neighborhood of $155 so I decided that I would utilize those winnings for some higher-priced tournaments.  The 4:45 p.m. $20 deep stack was one of them and I finished four spots shy of the money when some jerk who was being overly aggressive shoved with AJs and I snap called his ass with AK and the donk flops a 3 outer jack.  So damn frustrating, but it's part of the game and it happens.

The last tournament of the night that I ended up playing in was the $5 Rebuy and $20 Knockout which I did not cash in and the $20 knockout.  Nothing happened good in the rebuy.  The $20 Knockout is a $10 buy-in with a $10 bounty. This was without a doubt the biggest comeback I have ever managed in all the years of playing poker. After the first five hands of the tournament I had 150 chips left.

Let's face the facts when you only have a 150 chips pretty much any two cards will do and you just gotta hope for the best it's a thousand to one shot but here's a few screenshots of how it happened.  









The very next hand.  Had nothing to lose and fortunately for me this fool thought going all-in to isolate with his holdings was a good idea 







 The very next hand after the 79 and all fold to me and I shove getting one caller.





 A little while later.  River saved my ass.





Starting to get more comfortable






From that point on it was chippin up as best I could.  Top 8 got paid and when we hit the final table I was in 8th, but just barely.  As usual on a final table my opponents started getting very insistent with their hands.  I sat back,  Waiting for the right moments and when it was said and done a 4th place finish for $62.79 and another $40 for 4 knockouts. 





Total earnings in 7 days of online tournaments, 46 tournaments played in total $206.87.   Just under 25% of the way to $2k.  All I can do is keep bringing my A game to the table and hope I can continue on this same path.  My schedule is based on having 100 ABIs so for tomorrow The 4pm $3 rebuy is replaced with the $20 Deepstack, but the $5 rebuy and $20 Knockout tonight was a one time try and not planning on playing it unless I have a good score during the day then I will add the $20 Knockout at the last minute tomorrow evening.  That's all for now.  Take care everyone and I'll see you at the tables.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are working well for you online. Congrats and keep winning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done and thanks for the write up, enjoyed reading and seeing the hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo bro hope the live cash games being good to you brother how did you do a few days ago when you went to the nugget and what about yesterday? what are the games like?

    ReplyDelete