Sunday, March 27, 2016

Runner Up In The Rebuy

The 9 a.m. $3 rebuy had 77 players enter it on Sunday morning and when it was all said and done I ended up finishing in second place for $110 return.  It was the only cash in the seven tournaments played on Sunday my first day back after a three-day hiatus, but that cash, albeit the only one, made for a day's profit of $70 and that included playing in a $20 deep stack in which I ran absolutely card dead in.

Shout out to my buddy Joseph who railed me on that tournament for 5 solid hours.  As he pointed out towards the end of the tournament that $110 was all based on one card and that card was a deuce.  After my initial buy-in and single rebuy to start with a double stack if I lose all my chips I'm done with that tournament and I move on to the next one.  I'm not one of those people that will rebuy again.  During the rebuy period there was a situation where I had QQ and there were a couple of limpers so I raise pot size plus an additional big blind and end up getting one caller.  The flop came H62 and we were all in on the flop and it turned out this fool called my preflop raise with J6s and flopped top two, but the turn was another 2 giving me a higher 2 pair and then just for good measure the river was a 2 also.  If it wasn't for that 2 on the turn my tournament would have been over so that, with some other decent play along the way, was a $110 card.

A slight change to the tournament schedule. I prefer a rebuy with only approximately a 1 hour rebuy time.  I believe I do better in them and thus far I have with two top-five finishes in the rebuys that only have a 55 minute rebuy timeframe compared to going 1 for 4 with a 15th Place cash in the tournament that has a 85 minute rebuy time.  So with that said I'm dropping the 7:30pm rebuy.    On the right side of the blog you will see the updated tournament schedule, but this tournament schedule could change from day-to-day.  The $20 deep stack is a prime example which could be eliminated one day and back the next as I want my BR/ABI ratio to be as close to 100 as possible so with that said prepare for changes from day to day in that tournament schedule.  I will be playing that $20 Deepstack tomorrow as the current total bankroll gives me a BR/ABI ratio of 97.  As the bankroll increases I will be adding the 9:30 p.m. $5 rebuy which only has a 55-minute rebuy time and further down the road possibly a $10 rebuy that only has a 55-minute rebuy time.  Eventually I hope to drop the $1 tournaments altogether and possibly the $2 ones as well but for now they are a necessity. 

That's about all for now.  Still checking Craigslist for a place to move to in case its needed on Friday.  My roommates were warned I was not going to be able to front any money and I'm told they are on target, but I'll need to see it.  As I always purchase the money order for the rent this won't change, but they will need to give me the $355 up front before any money order  purchase is made.  If all goes as planned out out of the $820 I'll pull trom thw ATM on Friday $315 will go for my share of household expenses, $300 is set aside for the Golden Nugget, $100 back to the online acct, $50 for my phone and the remaining $55 for transportation expenses and miscellaneous expenses.  Things could get extraordinarily tight, but nothing says that the entire $300 set aside for the Golden Nugget is going to be spent.  Obviously a winning session and a portion of it is back in my pocket, a really great night and all of that $330 is or even if I were to not cash in the tournament and also have a losing sessionat $2/$4 if I lost say 50 of $60 then over $100 is back in my pocket so we will just see how things go.  Take care everyone and I'll see you at the tables.

4 comments:

  1. Duece always wins big. Just ask lightning36 about my pocket 2's vs his AQ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool you playing back online and live bro how did you do at the nugget and what did you play?

    ReplyDelete