Friday, April 29, 2016

Final Approach

After withdrawing everything off my WSOP account on April 17th I began April 18th with $0 in that account.  It was supposed to be the start of a break but that never seemed to transform as money seem to keep finding me and giving me the ability to play, but none the less beginning on April 18th, 2016 I did in fact start with $0 and as of this posting have worked that out to just over $158 ending things tonight.  

Before I fully Institute those rules that I had posted a couple of entries back I was forced to withdraw $50 in an attempt to avoid starving for the last 5 or 6 days of the month.   Beginning in May those personal rules that I posted will take effect and I will more than attempt to budget my monthly money much better so that no further withdraws need to be taken from the online account.  On May 3rd I fully intend on putting that $50 back as that is part of the $0 to $158 stretch that I am currently in.  I like the fact that my online account is nothing but earnings and no money put in me by me perse.  All the previous profits and earnings have already been spent mostly just having fun, hanging out, and playing poker live.   If you take the at least $800 earned online and add to that the over $400 earned in two specific $2/$4 limit sessions and the Linq tourney chop the fun times have cost over $1200.   I don't regret it, but i also realize that it is 60% of the $2000 I am currently striving for.  As I said in that previous post it's time to buckle down and make some serious strides to get to where I want to be and I think going from $0 to $158 is definitely a positive move in the right direction.  

I don't think there is an overwhelming need to top off the online account to the $200 I had originally intended to as I think what I have right now for what I am playing will be more than enough.  As I said previously I will be returning that $50 withdrawal as that is part of the $0 - $158 run, but I don't see a need to add any more to that on the 3rd of May.  I'm still going to be utilizing $200 as a base bankroll so I have a little more work to do and as of late in the tournaments I have been running absolutely horrendous.  My AA vs QJs all in preflop and my opponent hits a queen on the turn and a jack on the river.  It is annoyingly frustrating, but at the same time I know that is the nature of tournaments and I just have to play through it.  The same plan is still in motion.  $200 being the base bankroll and once I get to $220 I will throw in the $20 Deepstack, at $240 the $2P Midnight Madness is added, and at $260 and I add in the $20 Knockout so obviously I still have some work to do. 
$70 of this $158 was from the fixed-limit leaderboard.  As you can see from the breakdown on the right side of this blog so far my best performance has been at limit Omaha H/L.  I am also showing profits in limit Hold'em as well but the reason behind why the Omaha H/L is so much better is that was a $1/$2 game and in limit Hold'em I had a session where I won $25, but I also had a session where I lost $25 so they canceled each other out.  I would like nothing better than to be able to grind limit cash games on WSOP instead of these tournaments, but that just is not possible.  I really think the only reason there has been any limit cash games has been because of the fixed the fixed limit leaderboard promotion and even with that they're scarce at best.  Once that promotion is over the limit games will be a virtual ghost town so it's the tournament play since I absolutely want nothing to do with no limit cash games whether that be online or live.   You will notice there has been some play and profits made at the $2 and I'll tables but that was at the beginning when I was trying to earn a reasonable buy-in for a $10 PLO8 game that was going.  Those profits in the NL game we're actually in two different sessions one where I sat in with $0.40 and one where I sat in with $0.44.  

I did not bother playing the 12:15 a.m. and 1 a.m. tournaments tonight as I just felt too tired tonight and knew I would not be able to give them my full concentration. Tomorrow morning it is laundry day, a day which I absolutely abhor, but a day which must be dealt with.  Therefore I will not be playing probably until 2:15 p.m.  Hoping to turn this rough stretch around soon. 

On a personal note I have not missed a single dose of my medication since I left the hospital as the reminder app for that very purpose has been working out wonderfully.  I had my appointment with the pulmonologist and before he will allow me to no longer use the oxygen at night he wants me to do a sleep study but it's a study that will be done overnight at the apartment in my own bed.  He also has put me on a new medication and inhaler called Spiriva which needs to be taken only once a day and is supposed to help people with my type of breathing condition.
After I deposit after I return the $50 that was withdrawn according to my calculations after I set aside everything that I need for the month that should give me about $200 left over.  Part of that money will go towards a $65 tournament at the Mirage that I will play when Mr. Lightning is here.  I am looking forward to meeting him and hopefully I will do well in that tournament.  I might be able to play a cash session at $2/$4, but as far as that goes I'm just going to have to play it by ear and see what happens.

Time for me to grab some sleep as I am setting the alarm for 9:30 a.m. so I can get this laundry over and done with as fast as possible.  Got a nice little writeup on my blog as did many others in the blogging community at yourhandsucks.com  It felt nice to be recognized and included with some of the best blog writers out there.  Until next time, take care everyone, and I'll see you at the tables. 


1 comment:

  1. Quit smoking and you will not have to withdraw any funds. On average you spend around 200-300 a month on cigs unbelievable. Good luck on your journey.

    Go Spurs Go

    ReplyDelete