Saturday, April 16, 2016

Taking A Break

Hideous session.  Got myself right back where I started pretty much couple of bucks ahead.  Nothing works.  Tried tournaments but hate rebuys.  Tried cash games the swings are absolutely insane even before tonight's session $97 win and pretty much break even for four sessions who needs it.  If I go back to tournaments I'm stuck with $1 and $2 tournaments because as I said before I despise rebuys.  Even if I could maintain the 50% ROI I achieved in tournaments over 200+ played your talking a maximum of  $240 a month in earnings. That will take forever, but if I use those profits to play some $20 tournaments it could accelerate things drastically.  I need a day or 2 to cool off.   I cashed out and I'm gonna go play $2/$4 as soon as the withdraw is processed and see what I can grind up to from $160 however with much less amounts of alcohol in me.  Had to withdraw $50 last week so thats why $160 available.  if I have a nice profitable $2/$4 session at the Nugget I will probably go back and make a deposit.  If I don't have a good session at the Nugget then I'm taking a break until May and will just play freerolls to kill time but for the rest of tonight and tomorrow I'm getting the hell away from this online shit.  In any case, one way or the other, I'll see you at the tables.

10 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I am in the midst of the worst streak in recent memory. For example, last night was capped by this hand. I had QJ in a raised pot, flop comes JJx, turn blank, river Q. You guessed it, villain had QQ.

    That's why they call it a grind. Good thing is, if you keep playing well, it will eventually turn around. Taking a break is a good idea.

    GL as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about playing 2/4 limit? What kind of rake do they take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly the rake rapes at that level. If you do have skill in limit go up levels 2/4 is a time killer. Play it when you r waiting to get into a better game. Your bankroll might be fragile bit come on, give yourself a chance to make some real $

      Delete
  3. pokerdogg winning becomes easier once u learn to win without depending on what ur hole cards are but on situations. u never watch the flop when its being dealt. instead u focus on the expressions of the other players for tells. once u can determine when they hit the flop and when they miss, u will know exactly how to proceed --its like theyre exposing their hand. u know when u can bluff, when u can check raise, etc. this explains my win rates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy the confident, cocky, run-good Tony. He's a hoot!

      s.i.

      Delete
    2. Tony, thank you for your advice. I already practice most of what you said here, have been for years. The major problem I have been having during this was all the 1 and 2 outers other people have been hitting against me, when all the money already went in. I have had dozens and dozens of allin situation with big pots, if I had run anywhere near expections, I would have had a winning stretch.

      Can you please teach me how to hit those 1 and 2 outers, and avoid others from hitting them? I think this particular skill set is what allowed you to achieve such high win rate over the last few weeks.

      Delete
    3. Tony - how can u watch other players when all u do is mess with your phone?

      Delete
  4. Not me unless you come out to LA and play there! Or LOL, RENO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so when do u plan to be here in LA? the northwest part of the state near shreveport, or the southeast part in new orleans?

      Delete
  5. Hey Flushh sorry to hear about the bad session! I watched Rounders earlier haha and maybe if you don't want to talk about poker right now after that session i was wondering what are your top 5 favorite movies of all time? Good luck at the tables bro

    ReplyDelete