Sunday, July 3, 2016

The Drive For Five Is Still Alive

July started off with what appeared to be a horrendous start. I played on the 1st and the 3rd and took the day off on the 2nd to visit a friend in the hospital and on the 1st, since I knew I was taking the following day off I put in an extra long session which turned out to be a good thing because if I had played my normal session the start would have been more horrendous than it was.

On July 1st to start off the month during the course of the session I found myself down ($67) and in a hole that I was going to have to climb my way out of. Being down 6.7 buyins and is a little disconcerting and a lot of time you have the natural reaction to question yourself. Am I doing anything wrong? Did I screw up somehow too be this much down playing for nickels and dimes in a single session? You then recall the hands that you've been losing the big pots with and that usually will answer your question one way or the other. In my case there wasn't much I could do. Here are a few examples.

QQ vs. JTo: Ten on the flop, and another on the turn.
($8.40)

KK vs. AQ aipf Ace on River ($8.30)

Flop set lose to rivered flush
($6)

Flop Broadway, absolute nuts and lose to a full House
($10.67)

AA cracked by JJ. All-in on the flop 2 outer hits the turn.
($11.52)

When things like that happen over and over again the only thing you can do is utter a few curse words, try to curb the urge to throw the laptop against the nearest wall, and simply play through it. That session on July 1st ended up going just shy of 15 hours with over 2,500 hands played and it was in that last few hours that I was able to pick up just over three buyins back making the loss for the day ($35) which all things considered wasn't too bad as it could have been a lot worse.

As I said I took the 2nd off and tonight, July 3rd, I put in a session of about 11 and a half hours going just a little over 1,800 hands and earnings of $22. I cleared another $10 increment of the bonus, $2 in daily rakeback and at this point I am up $1.10 overall because of the bonus and rakeback and at the actual tables still down ($12.90)  After tonight's session I ended up with a bankroll of $487.10 putting me $12.90 away from the magic $500 mark and some hands and sessions that include $20NL which will hopefully be successful and allow me to grind more APPs per day in an effort to clear bonuses remaining a little bit faster to say nothing of increasing the daily earnings. The drive for five is still alive.

That's really all there is for now as there's nothing too exciting to be reporting at this time. I want to take this opportunity to wish all my readers a very happy, fun, and safe 4th of July in whatever you will be doing to celebrate the holiday. I was considering if I was going to do anything this year, but although it might be enjoyable I really should not give up a day of grinding just to watch a few fireworks go off. Putting the grind off to have fun is one of the things that put me in the low bankroll and still being forced to grind online situation that I'm currently in and I'm doing my best not to repeat my mistakes.  So the to the rest of you I will simply say have a great holiday. Take care everyone and I'll see you at the tables.

3 comments:

  1. Keep grinding FD, its a marathon not a sprint. Stick to cash games there is where the steady money is at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FlushD, impressive how you're able to put in 10+ hour sessions. You are doing it the right way by taking a day or two off. Avoid burnout like Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey brohemian rhapsody. how's the strive for five goin dude?

    ReplyDelete