Wednesday, December 21, 2016

2017

Well I've decided to take the rest of 2016 off from WSOP. This month I was faced with certain financial things that came up and I had to borrow a good amount from the bankroll anyway so I decided to clear out my online account and utilize that money for certain other things. Until I get back on WSOP I am going to play the On Demand freerolls over at ACR just to give me something to do when I feel the urge to do so. On January 3rd I will be depositing $200 on WSOP. 

Total earnings for 2016 have not been exactly calculated, but I will do so in the next few days and update the earnings tab at the top of the blog.  I think this is a good opportunity to make some poker goals or for lack of a better term, poker resolutions for 2017. There are only two of them actually and also list my bankroll management plan. 2016 was a year of profit, but there are things that I did throughout 2016 that I do not plan on repeating, but without further ado, let's begin with the points I want to get out there and my explanation to them.

1. Do not play anything except tournaments online no matter how strong the urge ma be to do so.

If 2016 showed me anything over and over again it showed me that tournaments have far less variance in them than cash games, that tournaments have a much much better risk vs reward ratio than cash games, that expected ROI in SNGs pretty much makes them a useless endeavor not even coming close to being worth my time, and finally that my complete major strength and overall enjoyment comes from tournaments, tournaments, only and nothing else in poker.

2. No withdrawals and no borrowing from the bankroll unless and until I achieve my goal of $7,000.

The goal has been seriously increased due to the fact that I will be playing the $70 Golden Nugget tournaments and at times the $75 Treasure Island tournaments when I go full time live. No matter what I made this year it could have probably been three times as much had I kept my mouse off the withdrawal button. When I borrow money from my bankroll with the full intention of paying it back something always seems to come up where I'm unable to do that so for 2017 the major goal is to leave the account balance alone and the only with withdraws that are to be made is to take money off the site and put it aside so that I do not have all my eggs in one basket.

Now for the bankroll management plan. It is going to be a somewhat aggressive approach whereas I usually have a conservative approach, but it will still be an approach where it will keep the bankroll safe.

$200 - $400
Play:
$1 Freezeouts
$2 Freezeouts
$5 Freezeouts

$400 - $600
Add: 
$3 Deepstack Rebuys
Drop:
$2 Freezeouts

$600 - $1000
Add:
$5 Deepstack Rebuys

$1000 - $2000
Add:
$10 Deepstack Rebuys
$20 Deepstack Freezeout
Saturday $25 Super Deepstack
Drop:
$5 Evening Freezeouts

$2000 - $4000
Add:
Sunday $50 Deepstack Freezeout

$4000 - $7000
Add:
Sunday $200 $20k Gtd

Well that's going to be a wrap up. There will be no future posts until probably roughly I would say, January 10th or so.  So until then I want to wish all of my readers a very merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year and come January 4th I'll see you at the tables.



No comments:

Post a Comment