Thursday, February 23, 2017

Two Nice Scores Equals A $200 Day

Well  it happened again. I realized an error or approach that I was doing was not the best positive EV and took steps to change it and those changes paid off greatly and immediately. I wrote yesterday about how I was 0 for 12 in PLO tournaments this month and I had realized what my errors were. In tonight's tournament I made sure not to repeat those mistakes and ended up taking down the $10 deepstack PLO reentry finishing 1st out of 37 for a $165 return. I then followed that up with a 5th place out of 166 finish in the $3 deepstack rebuy $800 Gtd for a $96 return. The entire day was a profit of just over $213 which I believe has been my best single day result since I started playing on WSOP and over $290 in the last 2 days. Definitely trying to ride this wave for as long as I can.







Of course my number one fan was railing me as close as possible lol and as you can see in the below pictures not only does she rail my online poker tournaments but she shares my pillow at the same time. I've always loved animals and I've always had a special bond with them but it still amazes me how fast you can completely fall in love with a pet. I'm telling you this little girl had me wrapped around a little paw in the first two days.







I decided not to make any further deposits as I reported I was planning on doing Ian yesterday's entry with the exception of the money that I owe my bankroll which will be paid on March 4th. Instead for this year's World Series  I am simply going to utilize my poker earnings to pay for the WSOP entry which makes more sense considering that it is simply another tournament and all part of my poker journey and besides it doesn't leave me so short as far as money left over each month. My good friend, MIB decided that he wanted to get in on the action so we will be each paying 50% of the buy-in for the World Series and along with that we are also in a 50% arrangement for the 11 a.m. tournament at the Golden Nugget on Friday, and in some $5 rebuy satellites for the $200 Weekly $20k Gtd on WSOP.  

Earnings for 2017 ending tonight are now $821.78 and I am now 16% towards my $5,000 goal. Less than $180 to go to hit $1,000 and start playing the $10 rebuys and $20 deepstack on hopefully a continual daily basis.  I will not come close to achieving  my February goals as far as volume.  I don't know what got into me when  I stated in that particular post that my goal was to play in 150 tournaments this month.  I must have been figuring more per day that I'm playing, but I won't come close to playing 150 tournaments in February, however  my stated goal for earnings for February was $440 and for the month of February alone I am at $608.11 so I have surpassed that for now.  I could hit a cold run at anytime so nothing is guaranteed as of yet, but at least for right now I have  matched it and passed it and it's a great feeling.  

Anyway that's going to wrap this one up  period relatively short blog entry  from my norm. It's after 4 a.m. so I don't see myself getting up on time for the 9 a.m. tournament, but you never know.  I do have my alarm set for 8:30 a.m. so we'll see if I actually wake up or just turn it off and reset it for the noon tournament. Either way until next time, take care everyone, and I'll see you at the tables.


Bankroll:  $821.78
Goal:  $5000
Progress:  16%

 

1 comment: