Sunday, April 9, 2017

Switched To ACR

I decided to make the switch over to America's Cardroom also better known as ACR . I and many other solid regular players had been noticing and outright voicing concerns over situations at WSOP.  Because of this and other reasons I decided to make the switch over to ACR which is something I had spoken with certain friends months ago about doing even though it is an offshore site simply because of the huge selection of tournaments that ACR offers, the much larger player pool, and now that I've been on there for over a week, I am kicking myself that I didn't make the move months ago.
It really is tournament heaven on this site. $500, $1,000, and $1,500 prize pools for tournaments costing $2.20 and $3.30 or even less as on Mondays a $1000 guaranteed No Limit Hold'em tournament for a $0.55.  However, it is an offshore site and there are inherent risks with offshore sites as we all know from the Full Tilt Poker, Ultimate Poker, and Absolute poker past examples, and so therefore I am going to be very careful about how much money I invest and keep online. It is better to be safe than sorry.

I ended up making $585.74 on WSOP and losses of $246 playing live so far this year for total earnings for 2017 of $339.74.  Withdraws of $219.74 and I am not going to attempt to pay that back. The withdraws were not for just going out and having fun like I did far too much in 2016 instead they were for needed expenditures like food for the house so that left a grand total available of $120 which I put on ACR.  Along with the 100% first deposit bonus, I am also entitled to four $250 freerolls, one is held each Saturday evening and hopefully I will be able to make a few bucks from that. Also at the time that I did this first deposit I also was entitled to an additional bonus where you click on a card and it randomly spins out $2 to $6 that is added to my poker account each day for I think it's 20 days.
As for the tournaments on ACR I have never in my life seen such bad poker players. I mean I haven't seen people like this since the PokerStars days. It is extremely frustrating when they suck out on you, but I have no doubt that there is money to be made here. The only problem is you are facing far more opponents in these guaranteed tournaments than I was on WSOP, but combine the lower cost for the guarantees and the fact that ACR pays out 15% to 20% of the field, I believe that this is definitely going to be a money-making proposition.  As I said I'm going to limit how much I keep on site and the fact of the matter is I am utilizing online simply to get me buyins for live tournaments at the Golden Nugget. Therefore, for right now at least until I feel more comfortable about things, I will be setting my maximum buy-ins at $3.30. My base amount that I will keep on this site will be $300 and every $200 that is earned over that amount will be withdrawn for live play. Online is simply a means to an end. 

Well that's going to wrap this one up. I'm not really utilizing any specific bankroll management plan.  Im5 playing tournaments from $0.50 to $3.30. I've made a few dollars so far but nothing spectacular on ACR because I haven't had any of those deep deep runs in any of the larger guarantee tournaments so for now I just keep chipping away towards $500 and my first $200 withdrawal. Until next time take care everyone and I'll see you at the tables.

Bankroll:  $146.49


5 comments:

  1. Expect the same suckouts that you saw on WSOP. You don't wanna think things are rigged, but ... lol.

    I also told Chris to do some research on cashouts since I recently read about some potential issues there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you using bitcoin to deposit? Thats the way to go I'm told. Im all...whats that like? & hmmm I'm gonna have to do that and what not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I play on ACR and Bitcoin is definitely the best deposit and cashout option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still playing or is the challenge over?

    ReplyDelete