Monday, May 15, 2017

FlushhDraw Is Back

I have been dealing with some personal issues that had put me in a very dark place in my life. I will not go into too many details about it, but I seemed to enter a pretty serious depression beginning in March. I believe the cause was two significant birthdays in March one my wife and the other a former fiance both of whom have passed away and I think it completely overloaded me. 

During this time a lot of things were happening the least of which I stopped eating for the most part. I talked myself into the fact I was simply on a weight loss plan since I suffer from a weight issue and have all my life, but it had unfortunate results. After a couple of weeks of 500 calories a day or less, I ended up being taken by ambulance outside of Harrah's to a hospital where I was diagnosed with tachycardia, dehydration, dizziness, disorientation, a blood pressure that went from 80 over 62 to 160 over 120 within the space of less than 7 minutes, renal and kidney failure and according to the doctor it was because of the so called weight loss program I was attempting to make part of my everyday life. It was either the depression, part of an eating disorder that I've suffered from for over 20 years that shows its face from time to time, or maybe both. 

I was so out of it that even poker didn't hold its passion for me during this time. This thing really had a hold on me.  Three specific people did their best to help me overcome this each in their own way and to them I want to say thank you so very much about caring about me.  This goes to Joe (@ManInBlack)......... Michelle (@9ontheturn)......... and Alysia Chang (@onechiquita)  I know thank you is not sufficient enough, but it's all I have to offer.  You three are what makes this world a great place to live in.

Depression can be a very rough thing, but I'm here to tell you that I am back and I am back grinding on ACR.  I'm also back with a very small bankroll, but I'm just going to have to deal with that. Small bankroll or not I am ready to grind and have been for the last 6 of 7 days.  Because of a friend on Twitter during the past week I was able to do two player to player transfer for $50 and $20.  I'm not sure if the person wants me to  mention who they are so I will withhold that information and respect their privacy in case they do not, but suffice it to say this person sent me $50 and $20 on ACR and I sent them the equivalent on PayPal so I started the month of May on ACR with $70. It's not a lot of money but if anybody can work it up from a low amount I know I'm the guy that can do it.

Starting back up on ACR with only $70 and only playing only $1.10 & $2.20 tournaments where payouts up top are only $20 or $30 is not easy. Everything in me wants to be playing in these $3.30 and $5.50 $500, $1,000, $1500 and higher Gtd's so bad I can taste it, but discipline must be maintained.  So why ACR and not WSOP??  The bottom line is I don't trust that site anymore. I will not go into details about it because quite frankly I really don't feel like putting up with the harassment about it, but the bottom line is if I don't trust something I'm not playing on it, I'm not putting up hard cash on it, and I will leave it at that. Not to mention ACR is definitely the place for a tournament player. Do I like three hour and five hour late registrations of course not, but with the guarantees that they have over here I'm going to have to put up with these inconveniences.

There are different examples of good news/bad news when it comes to tournaments on ACR. The good news is they pay out more spots in their tournaments. The bad news is they pay out more spots in their tournaments. Yes, it's easier to make the money, but it reduces the amount that can be won so in the long run I have no idea what kind of an ROI I'm going to have.  The good news is your opponent cannot see your mucked cards on ACR  The bad news is you can not see your opponents mucked cards on ACR.  The good news is ACR has a variety of tournament structures. The bad news is ACR has a variety of tournament structures. You may have a specific structure that works best for your game, but unfortunately it is not uniform throughout all their tournaments so you need to know just what kind of structure the tournament you're playing in may have. Doing a little research I have broken it down to certain categories of tournaments. These examples we are going to look at I'm using the blind levels of 1000/2000 and 5000/10,000 as the determining points, what level they occur, and how many hours and minutes of gameplay has elapsed when you hit that particular level. Listed below are just two examples although there are more different examples.


10 Minute Blinds

Category 1
1k/2k:  Level 19:  3:00
5k/10k:  Level 27:  4:20


Category 2
1k/2k:  Level 23:  3:40
5k/10k:  Level 35:  5:40



As you can see with just the two examples that I posted there is a significant difference especially when you're talking about the higher blind level of 5k/10k.  Between the two different tournament structures you're talking a full hour and 20 minutes in difference before arriving at 5k/10k and depending on the playing  style that can make a significant difference as well, but then again it might not. The only way to know for sure is to document how I do in each category of tournament and I'm going to attempt to keep track of that over the right side of this blog. The results may surprise me, they may not, only time will tell.
 
The goal is the same that it always has been....... live play.  At ACR however, withdrawals are just a little bit different. I mean after all it is an offshore site so that is to be expected. The easiest way for me to get my withdrawal is via  MoneyGram, but ACR will charge me depending on the amount roughly 12% for a withdraw. I know there is also Bitcoin available but it is not something that I want to trust with what to me are moderate sums of money so I am more than willing to pay the 12%.  If I take out $705 it's going to cost me a $95 fee. Before everyone starts screaming at me at how crazy it is, because of the added advantage of the great tournament selection, I am more than willing to do this so what I'm thinking is the best approach is to run this balance up to $1,200 withdraw $805 so that I'll have about 10 buyins at the Golden Nugget for the $70 tournaments wirh the remainder of the withdrawal for expenses and this will still leave $300 online to grind up again and again and again if necessary. So my goal currently and for the future should stay at $1,200.

So as of this posting I was getting ready for another Manic Monday which on Mondays they offer some very inexpensive tournaments for some very high guaranteed prize pools. I had played Monday through Saturday although Friday I only played one tournament and I took Sunday off. I wish there was some major major advances to report but that's not the case. During the 1st week I took that $70 plus an extra $0.11 that I found I had in my rakeback account because that's another advantage to ACR as I am getting 27% rakeback, but I took that $70.11 start and going into today had $93.51 in the ome bankroll. $15.90 was won at the online tables over $19 of that in 52 MTTs played as there was also ($3.60) in losses at SNGs. That was just something that I wanted to test out, but quickly realize not something that I am going to continue on with I just cannot stand the starting stack sizes of 1500 chips.  So $15.90 in profit at the tables, another $1.50 in rakeback and $6 in bonuses starts me off today with $93.51.




 

I know the payoffs that I'm going to be getting right now are laughable so feel free to laugh about them but slow and steady is going to win this race I plan on doing what I have to do now that I'm back to my old self again and grind grind grind his top priority.  As far as a bankroll management system that I will be using since my goal is $1,200 at a time so that I can withdraw and play live, I'm going to be utilizing a somewhat aggressive approach. I'm going with an approach of 60 buyins of the highest price tournament I want to play during the day.  So for me to play the $3.30 tournaments I need roughly in the neighborhood of $200 in my bankroll. It basically works out to the same as having 100 average buyins, but instead of having to add up all my buyins for the day, divide that by the number that will be played and then multiply that by 100 on a daily basis, I'll just utilize the 60 buyin rule for myself as it pretty much comes out to be the exact same thing and the math of it is a lot easier and a lot faster.

Well, that's a wrap for today. As of right now total online earnings for this year are $544.25. I've lost $276 playing live so far and the main reason for that is because I'm just playing one here and there and not able to string a few playing sessions together so that is why I am going to wait until the bankroll is at $1,200 and then withdraw $705 because I think it'll give me a potential earnings advantage if I can string at least six to eight live playing opportunities together. This year there have been nearly $175 in withdraws, but it was needed for living expenses like keeping food in the house not just an excuse to go out and have fun so with that I am very satisfied if not happy about the fact that I had to do the withdraws. I'm not going to try to pay it back, it simply is what it is I may be able to pay back a little here and there but it's not something I'm going to focus on. Either way I am back and I am grinding and I've got that fire back within me. So until next time, take care everyone, and I'll see you at the tables.


Bankroll:  $93.51
Goal:  $1200
Progress:  7.8%



11 comments:

  1. "The easiest way for me to get my withdrawal is via MoneyGram, but ACR will charge me depending on the amount roughly 12% for a withdraw."
    This is going to be difficult to beat. I wish you the best of luck on the journey and look forward to seeing you on live felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you the best of luck, hope you succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome. That's what friends are for

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear your health has been on the downswing. Good luck with that as well as at the tables.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the healt issues. I really hope that you can achieve your goals and start to move up and play live etc. I am in Vegas on the 29th for the week. Maybe we can play at the Golden Nugget sometime during the week. Best Luck! Pond Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bitcoin is the best choice for cashing out from ACR. I am also a microstakes player and I cashout $50 to $100 at a time. The minimum cashout is $25 and ACR does not charge you a fee to cashout. Setup a wallet on blockchain.com (it is free) and cashout from ACR to blockchain. Then setup a wallet on coinbase.com (this is also free) and send your coin from blockchain to coinbase. Coinbase will buy your bitcoin and convert it to US Dollars and deposit it in your checking account for you. The fee is usually 3% and it takes 2 business days. Once you sell your price is locked in so you don't have to worry about the bitcoin price rollercoaster. The fee to send the coin from blockchain to coinbase is very small, usually like 20 cents to send $100 and it usually takes 10 to 30 minutes. The reason you can't send from ACR to coinbase directly is because coinbase is a regulated money exchange and they have to follow all the banking laws including the UIEGA. The first cashout from ACR is usually a pain in the ass because they want to verify your identity but once you do one the subsequent cashouts usually take 2 days. I do small cashouts from $25 to $100 at least once a week because I don't like keeping that much money in my ACR account. I trust blockchain and coinbase more than I trust ACR. Once you do a few of the bitcoin transactions you realize it really is a cool way to send money. Hope to see you at the tables! Pokketjokers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or i could buy the bitcoin, and if u ever have bitcoin for sale let me know. sometimes i need it

      Delete
    2. u did an excellent job of explaining how the bitcoin works, much better than i could of

      Delete
  7. Are you still thinking about entering a WSOP event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could look to post a package on tasty stakes to see if you can get a stake for a few events. A deep run in a live tourney is just around the corner.

      Delete
  8. Take care of your health, sir.

    ReplyDelete