Thursday, June 22, 2017

Rock And A Hard Place

I feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place also known as the old catch-22 and no matter how you look at it, what it boils down to is that without an influx of serious cash to add to my bankroll I'm not going to get anywhere fast. 21 days of June complete, 16 of those days full poker days, total earnings and this is including a couple of dollars in rakeback which granted ain't much, but total earnings of $25.  something has got to give. I've got to figure out a way to increase earnings to get me into actual tournaments that are going to actually produce some real money. Playing in tournaments that are paying at least or close to $100 up top if not more comma but at the same time not having to face fields that contain hundreds of individuals, the bottom line is I need to be playing in tournaments that are $5.50 and up.

However, there is the ever so slight problem of available funds. Sure, I could take my $125 and say let's shoot the moon and start playing those $5.50 tournaments. Then again I can play Russian roulette with six bullets in the revolver and neither one of those ideas is really a prosperous one. I could continue to play these micro tournaments until the disability widowers benefit kicks in hopefully in November, and on the other hand I could tie a rope around my throat and choke myself until I pass out, but neither one of these options is particularly appealing. 

What is it that I can do that could generate earnings that could be utilized towards some buyins at the $5.50 tournaments and even higher. I could try no limit cash games again only this time only play a single table of them, but then again I could also paint a wall and watch the paint dry because the two activities have approximately the same level of excitement for me personally. Yeah let's scratch that thought right there.  I must admit that if I did add cash games then it would increase the rakeback I'm getting. I mean hell if I could work that sucker up to a couple of bucks a day it would be more than what I'm making at the tables right now.  ACR does have a limited amount of limit games which I do enjoy much more so than No Limit, but the only thing that seems to go and be played on a steady basis is $0.04/$0.08 and $0.40/ $0.80 Stud Hi-Lo. Obviously with $125 I should not be playing the latter and I can't imagine that the former providing that much earnings potential. Not to mention Stud in general could possibly make me want to smash my skull into a brick wall. If you think that bad beats happen in Holden try playing Stud sometime. Believe me you ain't seen nothing yet. However it would generate a certain amount of rake and thus generate a certain amount of rakeback since I get and am on 27% rakeback on ACR, and  assumedly generate a certain amount of earnings. This is a possibility and let's put this on the back burner for a few moments.

The only thing that is left is SNGs. There's only one little problem with SNGs, I don't do well. The last time I tried this little endeavor for NLH SNGs I played in like 36 of the damn things and came out stone-cold even. Yeah that's two days of my life I'll never get back. Maybe I didn't play enough of them, maybe I was just in a cold run, then again maybe for me breaking even is a heater for all I know.  It is giving me something to think about. The lowest SNG on ACR is $1.65 and if I could by some miracle play 20 a day and get and maintain a 10% ROI in them that would be an average earnings of $3.30 a day. Work my way up to the $3.30 SNGs  now we're looking at $6.60 a day plus whatever money I could make playing the stud Hi-Lo game plus the right back I could actually make enough to play a couple of the $5.50 tournaments each day and a deep run or two in these and all of a sudden I'm looking at a bankroll that has hundreds of dollars in it, not treading water trying to keep it above the $100 mark.

I'm sure I don't need to remind anybody because my readership has memories that don't quit, but this is the exact thing that I have been trying to avoid. I mean I've had these thoughts going through my head recently and I have been saying no I'm not going to do it this time, I'm going to stick with my micro tournaments, but after 21 days, 16 of those full poker days and only making $25, I feel that my continuing to say no I don't want to do this is just being stubborn on my part. It's another case of being caught in a catch-22 because half my readership is going to be happy that I am trying something to increase the earnings and the other half is going to put me down for changing up my plan again. No matter what I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.

But no matter what anybody may say, pro and con  I don't see any other choice. I mean I have an ITM percentage of roughly 33%, have made 12 final tables and I'm still only earning $25 total. Something has got to give. I think I'm going to try this on a temporary basis and see what happens. If it proves profitable continue with it, if it doesn't prove profitable go back to my micro tourneys I mean at least I am earning something, but at the same time I'm going to have to give myself some sort of numerical testing timeframe. Let's say a 1 week test, that should give me enough time to play at least 100 NLH SNGs and see what the results look like. At the same time play the the micro Stud Hi-Lo and see how much I can make from that. A one-week test and see if I actually have a bankroll left at the end of that time. See how I look after the first 100 or so SNGs and then decide how to proceed from there.

Tomorrow is Thursday and Friday I have a doctors appointment at 9:45 a.m. so it should not interfere too much in the grind. However, I feel I've got a battle coming up with this new doctor on Friday as I saw what my test results were from the blood work online. Thanks to my friend Michelle as she instructed me how to obtain this information and it looks like I am a pre-diabetic which means my sugar is high but not high enough to have type 2 diabetes, and it looks like I am also borderline on having high cholesterol and I am sure that me and my new doctor, whom I affectionately already refer to as that Crotchety Old Goat, is going to have to something to say about this. I get the feeling that when I do my monthly shopping trip on the 3rd of the upcoming month he is going to want me to be eating things that you would find in a rabbit cage.

That's going to wrap this entry up and the next entry will be one week from today. Next Wednesday night I will write an entry telling you how things went. If I feel up to it I might even do a midweek entry just to keep you up-to-date on how things are going. Right now they are going very slowly and I just hope that I don't take a really bad hit in doing this. I hope it's not a case where I should just be satisfied with the small amount I'm making because it's better than losing, but we will see what there is to see. No matter what I think I need to put a solid effort into this and see what happens with the first 100 played. Until next time take care everyone and I'll see you at the tables.


Bankroll:  $125
Goal:  $1000
Progress:  12.5%


6 comments:

  1. I have asked this question before and I don't think you ever answered it. Why are your volume so low? Using your 45% ROI, and let's say 18 full days equivalent and $25 total profit, that is $3.09 per day of average buy in. Why are you averaging 3 tournaments a day? This makes no sense, unless the ACR site is dead and run only 4 or 5 of these a day. Volume is your friend in online poker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an idea. Well 2 actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fountain of information!

      Delete
    2. 1 involves a Ski Mask and a 9mm. the other option is to take the $146 in your bankroll and MARTINDALE.

      Delete
  3. Why not give SNGs another try. The are grind, but pretty much a sure thing for someone like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The SNGs on ACR are not beatable. Either are the cash games. They are filled with bots and collusion. The only thing that is filled with bad players is the MTT's

    ReplyDelete