Monday, July 17, 2017

Comment Responses


Memphis MOJO said:

Dude, this health thing is scary -- sorry to hear about it.

"He has me on the inhaler Breo, but too often I forget to take it."

You are kidding right?

No, I'm not kidding. I've always all my life had difficulties remembering to take medication, however recently I have taken steps two eliminate this forgetfulness.



Tony Bigcharles said:

i didn't realize his health issues were this bad

Yes Tony, at times it can be. Some days are better than others and some days are worse than others, but hey I'm Invincible anyway so let life throw at me whatever it can.  I will fight it off and bounce back always. 



Ace said:

Flush, sorry to hear about the health issues and I hope you get well soon.

Thanks Ace. The intense heat really aggravates the conditions I do have, but the fact of the matter is I still am getting from point A to point B I'm just slower than everybody else. However as soon as the cooler weather arrives that should be a considerable Improvement for me. Also, I may have not been getting the full effects of the Breo inhaler which I will explain down below.



Zin said:

Hope your breathing gets better, do you have copd? You need to give up all forms of caffeine, not good for lungs. Best of luck going forward.

Yes, I do have COPD, chronic Bronchitis at the very least. I was not aware of the caffeine being an issue, but fortunately I am not a coffee or tea drinker and the only caffeine I use are caffeine pills when I have not gotten enough sleep the previous night. The grind must go on and so under those circumstances there is no real choice for me as far as I'm concerned when it comes to that form of caffeine. 



Alysia Chang said:

This sucks. Thank God for MIB being physically there in the house with you. You have a great friend!

Yeah my main bro Joe keeps me on my toes and if I get frustrated and don't feel like taking my medicine he will simply threaten to make me cease to exist so it's a pretty good system we have lol. It's absolutely great having my bestie as my roommate. Awesome just to be able to hang out on a daily basis, talk poker, talk sports, it's just totally cool having him here. 



Poker & Gambling 24/7 said:

This blog would get even better if you could add Tony Bigcharles as the Three's Company roommate

Sir, have you lost your ever-loving mind?? I swear I'm going to reserve a bed for you at the local mental institution lmao!!



Thomas OToole lll said:

That would be quite the grind house and be watched more than Bill Perkins "Stream Boat." I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear the strategy and conversations discussed. Just think of the donations people would make to hear the inside scoop.

Lmao!!  You Sir, can share a room at the mental institution with Mr Poker & Gambling lol!!


 
Now for the explanation about not getting the effects of the Breo I mentioned above. I spent the weekend over at my friend Michelle's house and we were hanging out watching TV, listening to music, and it was really relaxing and great to spend time with my friend and take a couple of days off from this 12 to 16-hour tournament grind I've been pulling. Many of you may or may not know that she is a medical professional. She saw with her own two eyes how bad off I was Saturday where I took five steps and my breathing was so labored it was scary even to her. As we discussed the situation at first she thought perhaps I was having a bad reaction to the Breo and even recommended that I might want to stop it and I said to her, "Well, that might be a good idea besides I can't stand the taste of that powdery stuff on my tongue anyway, it's gross." As soon as she heard this she looked at me and said, "Wait a minute if you are getting the powdery stuff from the Breo inhaler on your tongue that means it's not making it into your lungs or very very little is."  She came up with a method where instead of putting the Breo inhaler to my mouth and then inhaling it, to start inhaling then put the Breo unit to the mouth, the idea being  with inhaling first it is providing a better way or a stronger method of getting the medication directly into the lungs. I did this Sunday morning and the difference between Saturday and Sunday was absolutely miraculous like the difference between day and night. I was able to get up, move around, do things such as go to the kitchen and get something to eat and I was not having hardly any breathing difficulties at all so she may very well have been correct. Time will tell as to whether or not that is the solution or was the problem, but at least to start off with it appears it just may have been. I will naturally keep you updated.


2 comments:

  1. From Seinfeld:

    KRAMER: [looks shocked] How can you not have insurance?

    JERRY: Because...I spent my money on the Clapgo D. 29, it's

    the most impenetrable lock on the market today...it has only

    one design flaw: the door...[shuts the door] must be CLOSED.

    ----------
    Inhaler works by delivering medication to your lungs, not your tongue. Case closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are insanely lucky to have Michelle too...although I suspect the luck there goes BOTH ways as you were awesome when she was hospitalized.

    ReplyDelete