Friday, August 11, 2017

2017...... Failures On Multiple Levels.....But It's Not Over Yet

2017 has been a colossal fail on a variety of levels both personal and poker. The poker partnership was a colossal fail. Once we made the switch over to ACR "Daniel" and I could see very early on that with the tournaments that I was able to be playing with the money that we had available it wasn't going to turn out to be anything grandiose so we decided to take the money play a couple of decent prize pool tournaments, but nothing came of them and I ended up sending him $95 back so a total loss for each of us of ($85)

Another overall failure for 2017 has been profits for the year. From January through July online earnings of $317.86 live losses of ($276) and $16 in fees from Bitcoin transactions which leaves total earnings for the year of $50.69. 7 months and $50 in earnings is unacceptable, and a colossal fail.
Then there's the health issues. The arthritis in the knees and shoulders seems to be getting more painful with each passing day, but that isn't the main issue. The colossal fail is that the breathing capacity has been diminishing this year from 76% to 73% to the last check was 62%. Because of the breathing problems the mixture of the intense heat is an almost fatal mixture for me and I am not using that term loosely. 

After an incident that happened about a month-and-a-half ago, I am basically on self-imposed exile which means I do not leave my house unless I've got a ride someplace and I do not mean a bus ride and those rides are very few and far between. For the last month-and-a-half I have been out of the house three times. Twice I was dropped off at Walmart by my landlady to do my monthly grocery shopping and on the third occasion I was able to take a bus down to the vape store one evening when the temperatures dropped to 80° but even then I had to take Lyft back so take that accomplishment for what it's worth and it's probably not worth much. 

I have been religiously taking my Breo inhaler for the last month and my lung doctor thinks that this will improve things. So far I have not noticed any difference, but the only way we'll find out if he's right is on October 5th when my next appointment with him is and he does a breathing test to see if there is any Improvement. I am very close to firing him and finding a new pulmonologist however, because especially of late he just seems rather dismissive about my physical abilities and my concerns such as having to rest twice during a two-block walk or walking just a few steps and being completely winded.  His reply is to everything is because you need to lose weight. The guy has got a one-track mind when it comes to these things. Yes I know I have weight to lose, but let me tell you something, when you stand up and take three steps and your heart rate jumps to 132 beats a minute something is not right, however I will give it until my next appointment with him on October 5th, we will see what the breathing test shows, and then I will make my decision from that point. October should be when the weather starts cooling down again, maybe even late September and hopefully I'll be able to get out and about again without nearly ending up in an ambulance in the process.

I think I'm going to have to save up the money for one of those scooters that you see people riding around on, the ones that Trooper finds some perverse pleasure in mocking people who use them in his Vlogs from time to time. I don't relish the thought of it, but if it will get me where I want to go and not have to struggle and stop every couple hundred feet to take a breather then it will be well worth it, but of course these things are in excess of $1,000 or $1,500 and I don't see me being able to get one anytime soon, but who knows, if that disability widowers benefit comes through in November that could get me on my way to getting one of them and if that does happen it's going to get me some freedom of movement again.

After 17 days without the Internet I got back online on Tuesday. Added some money to the small bankroll I had on there, decided to try a little challenge for myself and I will report what has been going on in the next entry. This year is far from over and there is still time to turn this baby around. Never count me out. That's all for now. Take care everyone and I'll see you at the tables.


4 comments:

  1. Regarding those scooters: you might want to see where your health insurance is in covering you getting one instead of out of pocket. Also I meant it when I said I would offer you a ride on October 5th. After all, I even took TBC to Hoover Dam...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful with what she offers. She drove me to a strip club but didn't even let me out of the car, much less buy a lap dance for me.

      Delete
    2. If Flushhdraw's doctor is offering lap dances, I would suggest getting a new doctor.

      Delete
  2. I hope your health improves. Don't worry about poker until 2018.

    ReplyDelete